The coverage under the BCRTA Health Care Plan provides comprehensive services to meet your needs and make sure you're financially prepared for any unforeseen costs.
Extended Health Care Plan:
80% coverage on eligible expenses up to a lifetime maximum of $250,000 per insured person (excludes Emergency Travel). Other inside limits apply.
Prescription Drug Coverage:
- Pay direct drug card to reimburse 80% of prescription drugs included in the BC Provincial Formulary (i.e. PharmaCare):
- Drugs are subject to PharmaCare low cost alternative (LCA) and reference drug program (RDP) pricing.
- $10 dispensing fee cap and 8% mark-up limit.
- Eligible drugs include:
- Drugs, sera and injectables, and compounds / mixtures requiring a prescription and dispensed by a licensed pharmacist.
- Both non-prescription drugs (with a Drug Identification Number) and supplies required as a result of colostomy or ileostomy and/or treatment of cystic fibrosis, diabetes (e.g., test strips), heart disease or Parkinson’s.
If either you or your spouse was born in 1939 or earlier, choose from two (2) annual calendar year maximums:
- Drug Option A: $1,200 per household.*
- Drug Option B: $2,500 per household.*
If both you and your spouse were born in 1940 or later, choose from two (2) annual calendar year maximums:
- Drug Option A: $1,500 per household.*
- Drug Option B: $3,500 per household.*
Prestige Travel Plan
- Up to $5,000,000 emergency medical coverage for eligible sudden and unforeseen medical emergencies – No matter your age or health status, you’re covered if you apply within 60 days of your group benefits ending. Even stable pre-existing conditions can be covered.
- $8,000 Trip cancellation, interruption & delay coverage - Features you’d usually pay more for, like cancellation insurance and baggage loss/delay, are included.
- Extra care - Multiple Annual trips coverage for up to 62 days duration per trip (you may purchase additional days of coverage if needed, in 15 days increments up to a maximum of 212 days).
- Baggage and personal effects - If, while on your trip, your baggage is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be reimbursed up to $1,500 per insured person to a maximum of $3,000 per family.
Additional Information on Plans, Application Form and Insurance Certificates:
Health coverage is more affordable than you think:
- Monthly premiums are tax deductible:
With great features:
- No age limit.
- Direct-to-pharmacy reimbursement levels to keep your monthly costs within your budget.