The coverage under the BCRTA Health Care Plan provides comprehensive services to meet your needs and make sure you're financially prepared for any unforeseen costs.
Extended Health Care Plan:
80% coverage on eligible expenses up to a lifetime maximum of $250,000 per insured person (excludes Emergency Travel). Other inside limits apply.
Prescription Drug Coverage:
- Pay direct drug card to reimburse 80% of prescription drugs included in the BC Provincial Formulary (i.e. PharmaCare):
- Drugs are subject to PharmaCare low cost alternative (LCA) and reference drug program (RDP) pricing.
- $10 dispensing fee cap and 8% mark-up limit.
- Eligible drugs include:
- Drugs, sera and injectables, and compounds / mixtures requiring a prescription and dispensed by a licensed pharmacist.
- Both non-prescription drugs (with a Drug Identification Number) and supplies required as a result of colostomy or ileostomy and/or treatment of cystic fibrosis, diabetes (e.g., test strips), heart disease or Parkinson’s.
- Vaccines ($100 per calendar year)
If either you or your spouse was born in 1939 or earlier, choose from two (2) annual calendar year maximums:
- Drug Option A: $1,200 per household.*
- Drug Option B: $2,500 per household.*
If both you and your spouse were born in 1940 or later, choose from two (2) annual calendar year maximums:
- Drug Option A: $1,500 per household.*
- Drug Option B: $3,500 per household.*
Prestige Travel Plan
- Up to $5,000,000 emergency medical coverage for eligible sudden and unforeseen medical emergencies – No matter your age or health status, you’re covered if you apply within 60 days of your group benefits ending. Even stable pre-existing conditions can be covered.
- $8,000 Trip cancellation, interruption & delay coverage - Features you’d usually pay more for, like cancellation insurance and baggage loss/delay, are included.
- Extra care - Multiple Annual trips coverage for up to 62 days duration per trip (you may purchase additional days of coverage if needed, in 15 days increments up to a maximum of 212 days).
- Baggage and personal effects - If, while on your trip, your baggage is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be reimbursed up to $1,500 per insured person to a maximum of $3,000 per family.
Additional Information on Plans, Application Form and Insurance Certificates:
Health coverage is more affordable than you think:
- Monthly premiums are tax deductible:
With great features:
- No age limit.
- Direct-to-pharmacy reimbursement levels to keep your monthly costs within your budget.